Job Description and Summary
The IT Support Technician will work with a diverse set of technology providing support to our clients. The ideal IT Support Technician will be well-versed in Windows, network and system support. They will provide user support at customer locations on assigned open tickets and work in collaboration with Company Clients. The IT Support
Technician is responsible for resolving customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain customer satisfaction. The IT Support Technician installs, troubleshoots and maintains an extensive variety of products and equipment. Identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed, while determining and recommending which products or services best fit the customers’ needs.
Principal Duties of the IT Support Specialist include:
- Troubleshoot Tier 2 & 3 technology issues including software, hardware, audiovisual, and networking issues.
- Document solutions and work to provide excellent service and initiatives
- Provide and share technical knowledge with client/support staff in the resolution of problems/requests related to the designated system.
- Identify major incidents, outages and security incidents when they are happening. Develop and document resolutions or workarounds for incidents that lack documentation.
- Actively promote a customer-oriented environment in which the client is treated professionally and courteously while actively promote a customer-oriented approach throughout IT Services.
- Exhibit strong customer service skills including the ability to constructively, diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handle customer complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions.
- Identify symptoms and break problems into distinct and manageable parts; analyze and interpret root causes associated with a given problem; look at problems from other perspectives; seek other resources/expertise to define solutions; assist in solving intra-team problems.
- Write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; get messages across that instigate appropriate actions.
- Show initiative to make basic decisions in daily work where risk is low, saving manager time; gather inputs and come to practical/sensible solutions; identify and escalates more significant decision point appropriately.
Responsibilities & Duties
Computer Hardware; Software Troubleshooting
- Strong background with Windows 10/11
- Networking/troubleshooting knowledge (firewalls, switches, routers)
- Knowledge of Windows and Servers, Azure Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft 365
- Experience with Hardware/ Software installation
- Strong troubleshooting skills to identify and think through technical problems
- Understanding of network and computer technologies including: desktop hardware and software, VPN clients, antivirus, email systems, computer security, and data transfer/migrations
- Must be able to set priorities, solve problems, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and manage tickets within the Help Desk ticketing system
- Strong customer service orientation and capability to interact well with diverse customers and partners
Qualifications & Skills
- EXPERIENCE WORKING FOR A MANAGED SERVICE PROVIDER**
- Experience taking Tier 2-3 escalated support tickets
- Office 365 administration and migration experience
- Experience supporting Cloud-based technologies
- AutoTask or other PSA Tool experience
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience troubleshooting software and hardware in a customer service role
- High degree of technical proficiency
- Excellent problem solving skills and analytical abilities
- Network , Security , Microsoft or equivalent certification Required
- Experienced with RMM technologies
Salary: $50,000 – $65,000